Here is an easy to make party pleaser. This No Fish Redneck Sushi (cream cheese roll-ups) are made with simple ingredients and can be served chilled pretty much anytime, from holidays to Summertime picnics. Just check it out for yourself…
Redneck Sushi – look closely at the pictures!
For a recent “Going Away Party where Danny just started to work at everyone was asked to bring something for a covered dish. And of course he told me last minute. Here is a recipe I found on the Food Network blog that truly was quick and easy with simple ingredients, no cooking and easy to assemble crowd pleaser and it was!
Pictured is “Tomato-Basil” flour tortillas. I also used plain. You can use a variety of colors and flavors for effect.
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces jarred salsa (medium or hot)
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb bacon cut into small pieces - cooked till crisp
- 16 -20 thin slices deli ham
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and salsa (I used medium).
- Thinly slice and add the onions until fully combined.
- Spread the tortillas with the mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch edge.
- Top each with bacon and ham, then roll into tight cylinders and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hour.
- Remove from fridge, discard the plastic wrap and cut each roll into 1-inch pieces, discarding the uneven ends.
- Pictured is "Tomato-Basil" flour tortillas. I also used plain. Use a variety of colors and flavors. Depending on the size of the tortilla, each roll should yield eight pieces. If you like, before cutting, stick toothpicks in the rolls at 1-inch intervals; it makes serving a snap.